In 2021, as much as 82% of marketers said they used content marketing to bring in new business - up 12% on the year before.
So it's no wonder that most marketing teams live by the mantra 'content is king'!
But what exactly are we talking about when we say 'content marketing' and how can content benefit your recruitment agency?
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is an inbound marketing strategy that involves creating, publishing and distributing a range of high-value content that’s relevant to your target audience (so both our candidates and our clients).
The idea is to create blogs, videos, podcasts, eBooks, videos and webinars thateducate, entertain and build trust so that you can slowly warm people up to your recruitment brand and make them want to work with you over your competitors.
Content marketing benefits for recruitment agencies
There are loads of benefits to having a solid inbound marketing strategy at a recruitment agency. Here's just a few!
- Build trust and credibility – Through content, you can communicate with candidates on a deeper level that builds trust and credibility. Consistently publishing authoritative content will quickly establish your agency as a credible source of information that candidates can rely on.
- Pull candidates directly into your website – Any candidate looking for roles in crowded places like job boards will have other recruiters on their tail. Great content has the power to pull them directly into your CRM so you can place them before anybody else does.
- Keep website visitors for longer – Without enough engaging content to keep candidates browsing pages of your website, they’re more likely to hit that 'x' and disappear to a competitor's website. Great content keeps your website visitors clicking, which is also great for SEO.
- Increase your job ad conversion rates – Companies who implement content marketing into their strategy have been proven to see conversion rates that are 6x higher than those who don’t. As a recruitment team, it doesn't get more beneficial than that!
- Stronger SEO and increased web traffic – Consistently creating high-quality content that shows your expertise, authority and relevance in the recruitment industry will improve your website's SEO. As you begin to rank higher in search engines, you’ll reap the benefits of increased website traffic and stronger domain authority.
- Attract more quality applicants – Candidates who invest time in researching and viewing content around their job search are generally of greater quality than those who directly apply on hundreds of ads a day.
- Increase your social media reach and engagement – Content marketing isn’t just about publishing posts on your website. The more content you create and share, the better your social media engagement will be too.
- You’ll stand out from your competitors – Putting a strong content marketing plan in place will help differentiate your agency from your competitors - for all the right reasons.
How to get started with content marketing
As well as knowing the major benefits of content marketing, it's important to understand exactly why and how content has the power to influence the candidate's journey.
Download the eBook below for more guidance on…
- How great content improves the candidate’s journey
- How to create a content plan that gets your agency noticed (plus a free content plan template!)
- How to promote and analyse your content so you continually improve your inbound marketing strategy.
Click to download the eBook below!
Becki is the Senior Content Marketer here at Firefish! She heads up our award-winning recruitment blog.