Now, if you thought business planning for recruitment agencies only happens once a year, think again! Gareth talks through why he assesses his business on a weekly and monthly basis, alongside discussing how he keeps his business on track to achieve his forecasted goals.
Tune in to the Firefish Podcast with Gareth Biggerstaff for tips on weekly and monthly activities you can use to plan for when external forces hit, or for when periods of uncertainty are on the cards.
Listen below, and as always, let us know what you think in the comments!
- 00:00 - Introduction How Gareth looks at business planning.
- 1:40 - Why Gareth decided to go it on his own.
- 3:40 - Gareth's uncompromising approach to hiring recruiters.
- 5:00 - The importance of deep assessment of a business before recruiting for them.
- 6:20 - Why Gareth plans 18 months ahead. "You need to look at your past capability to understand your future capability".
- 9:50 - How Gareth trains and motivates individuals within his company.
- 14:20 - Why Gareth reviews the KPI's of his business weekly, as well as quarterly.
- 17:25 - How to ensure positive progression for your business by staying aware of your client base using DueDil.com and creating a 'logbook' of assets for your business.
- 21:35 - How Gareth is approaching Brexit, and looking for opportunities.
Andy Mckendry is a copywriter with an MA in Professional Writing. In the early mornings he is known to gravitate towards the nearest coffee pot.