Every so often, a statistic will emerge that gives all our assumptions about the candidate market a serious reality check. And when it comes to using video in recruitment, let’s make that five statistics!
As technology evolves, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to recruit the best talent using a traditional recruitment strategy - which is why video is already a core aspect of many recruitment businesses. We need to keep up the pace if we want to continue reaching the best candidates!
Here are six stats that prove now is the time to begin thinking seriously about using video in your recruitment strategy.
Six surprising statistics:
- 82% of all global internet traffic will be video by 2021
- 82% of candidates now search for jobs on mobile, and 87% of mobile traffic will be video by 2021
- Video content on social media gets 1200% more shares than text and image content
- Recruitment agencies are already reporting 800% more engagement with job ads that have video embedded
- In 2018, people spent on average 2.6 times longer on pages that contained video than on pages without
- Using the word ‘video’ in your email subject lines can increase open rates by nearly 20% and click-through rates by 65%!
These statistics alone should be enough to convince you that any time and effort you dedicate to bringing video into your strategy will be a great long-term investment - and that you need to get an action plan for this as soon as possible
The good news is, you don’t need a massive budget to leverage the benefits of using video for recruitment – you just need the guidance and motivation to get started.
Enter, our video for recruitment eBook! Download the eBook below to find out how to seamlessly introduce video to your recruitment strategy, and reap the benefits!