Peter Gold, founder of Storifyd and ultra-marathon runner, joins Wendy to talk about the power of why, mysterious marketing, and brand storytelling. This is an excellent recruitment podcast for agency owners thinking about the reason behind their business. Peter discusses how to simplify your agency’s message and find your why. He shares some pointers on how you can stick to your why as you grow and scale your agency.
From hiring the right people, to targeting an audience that cares about your purpose, Peter highlights the importance for an agency to be clear about what it stands for and for owners to be clear about their story too.
Our latest Firefish Podcast is full of excellent tips and advice for recruitment agency owners just starting out, or those who want to refresh the reason why they started their own business in the first place. Listen below and find out:
- What Mysterious Marketing is and how it could benefit your recruitment agency
- Why running a marathon isn’t so different to running a business
- How to identify your agency’s why and commit to it
- Harnessing that why to scale your recruitment agency
- 1:45 Why Peter runs ultra-marathons and how this helped him to understand the importance of having a strong 'why'.
- 6:20 Why Peter founded Storifyd.
- 8:20 How recruiters can adopt the 'theory of why' to be more successful and use this story to sell to clients.
- 10:50 The tools Peter has used to help business owners rediscover their 'why' and share their motivation with their employees.
- 13:20 Using your 'why' to identify customers whose values fit with your own.
- 18:20 How to stay close to your 'why' when selling into different sectors by using personas.
- 21:20 Using your favourite clients to create your ideal customer personas.
- 23:20 Peter on the importance of staying true to your 'why', especially as your business grows.
- 26:10 What's next for Peter in both racing and business.
Find out how to create the kinds of personas mentioned in this podcast by downloading the eBook below.
Andy Mckendry is a copywriter with an MA in Professional Writing. In the early mornings he is known to gravitate towards the nearest coffee pot.